Since 2011, the Ukrainian Folk Choir of the Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts has been named after the outstanding musician and teacher, People’s Artist of Ukraine, Professor Stanislav Pavlyuchenko, who led the ensemble from the mid-1970s to 2010.
Over the years, the choir has repeatedly participated in various festivals, choir assemblies, competitions:
• XIX International Festival “Kyiv-Music-Fest-2008”;
• XVIII Golden Autumn Festival (Bila Tserkva, 2008);
• artistic action “Feel the taste of the native language” in the framework of the International Festival of Languages ”Ecology of Communication – 2009″;
• NRCU and NTCU project “Art Stories” (2011);
• TV marathon “Song unites us!” (2012) and others.
• traditional KNUKiM concerts dedicated to Mother’s Day “Mother, Eternal and Beloved”, festive Shevchenko evenings “We are your children, Ukraine!”;
Among the awards and prizes of the team:
• Grand Prix of the III All-Ukrainian festival-competition of folk choral singing groups named after Porphyry of Demutsky (2001);
• Laureate of the Literary and Artistic Prize. D. Lutsenko’s “Autumn Gold” – for a significant contribution to the development of national culture and art (2010).
• Laureate of the IX International Festival-Competition of Choirs MUNDUS CANTAT (Poland, 2013).
The choir’s performance style is characterized by a refined sound with a wide timbre palette, characterized by traditional folk singing, where there are rocking deep violas, clarified calls, sometimes sociable and characteristic mixed sopranos, natural sound of male parts enriched with elements of classical style.
The ensemble is engaged in concert and educational activities, a regular participant in All-Ukrainian public and artistic events dedicated to outstanding historical events and outstanding figures in the culture of Ukraine.
Numerous letters of thanks for the concerts note the high professionalism of the band and the importance of its work, which is to attract people of all ages to the incorruptible values of Ukrainian song, preserve and enrich the treasury of Ukrainian culture, which is a national task.