Born in 1999 on the initiative of the current Director Don Roberto Scotti, the Vallongina Choir is made up of about 50 elements divided into the classic voices of polyphonic choirs and has a repertoire that ranges from sacred to secular music, with preference, in this sector, of pieces taken from Italian melodrama, in particular by Giuseppe Verdi.
Of the important events of the more than twenty years of activity of the Vallongina Choir remain memorable:
• Participation in various editions of choral festivals in various regions of Italy and, in 2018, in Croatia with a repertoire of Opera Choirs revived as “Gran Galà lirico” in many Italian theaters;
• the performance in important events, first of all, in 2015, at the 39th edition of “Venezia in Coro” with Concerts in Vicenza and Venice which ended, on the occasion of the event “Conto Cento canto pace”, for the anniversary of the centenary of the Great War, with the great concert, at the Arena di Verona on May 24th; repeated participation in Agordo (Belluno) on 9 September 2018 on the centenary of the conclusion of the Great War.
• Participation in Rome at the International Meeting of Choirs in the Vatican organized by the Choir of the Diocese of Rome with Concert in the presence of the Pope and Mass in St. Peter’s both at the 1st edition of 2014 and at the 3rd of 2018.
• A few years ago he began his collaboration with the Orchestra of the “Accademia Concertante d’archi di Milano” which allowed him to perform in various cathedrals: the Duomo of Milan, Pavia, Piacenza, Parma, Reggio Emilia, Cerro Maggiore and Carpi and in the Abbeys of Morimondo and Chiaravalle, proposing on such occasions sacred works such as the REQUIEM
Mozart’s KV 626, Schubert’s Mass in G Major D.167 and Vivaldi’s GLORIA RV 589.
• He has recently started a collaboration with the baritone Leo Nucci with whom he has already set up two concerts in Lodi and one in Fiorenzuola d’Arda.
• From April 30 to May 5, 2019, he participated in the International Festival CHORUS INSIDE 2019 in Moscow always with the proposal of a lyrical repertoire and organized, on June 30, the Concert of the Infiorata in Chiaravalle with the performance of the Four Seasons and the GLORIA (RV 589) by Vivaldi.
• On September 21, 2019 he began that new year of social activity with the performance of the Mass of Glory by Pietro Mascagni in the Cathedral of Piacenza, a concert repeated on December 21 in Fiorenzuola D’Arda.
• Finally, in 2020, he participated in the tour in New York where he held a concert in The Cathedral of Saint Patrick in February, while for the month of August he performed Mozart’s Requiem outdoors in Rivergaro in memory of the parish priest victim of Covid.
• After a year of rest he resumed his activity on October 2, 2021 with a great opera concert together with the Baritone Leo Nucci held in the Collegiate Church of Fiorenzuola d’Arda.