Type of choir
modern, popular music
Site / Email
Born in Pula. After graduating, he got a job at the Poreč music school as a piano and solfeggio teacher and a year later at the “Ivan Matetić Ronjgov” music school in Pula as a musician-accompanist. Together with Slavica Šenk, in 1991 he founded an association called “Studio for the creative activities of young Zaro” with which as director and leader he successfully conducts the Zaro choir for 25 years.
He signs children and teenagers with specially designed and targeted methods to learn how to sing and play various instruments.
In his work so far, the choirs under his leadership have achieved many success stories:
– Realization of 19 sound supports of the Zaro choir
– conceived and donated in 2007 to the children of the city of Pula for the feast of St. Nikola 25,000 sound carriers under the name “Dici zavajk”
– with his song “Viruj vajk u svoje” in the action “Kupujmo hrvatsko” he opened “Zagreb Fair 2005” and “Golden Marten 2007”.
– The action “Let my Istria shine” since its foundation in 1995 is accompanied by eco-songs
– has accompanied the program of the Ciacava Poetry Festival in Zminj for many years with appropriate songs
– in 1995 with the Zaro Choir of the City of Pula he received the Solemn Charter for the exceptional contribution to the improvement of culture and the protection of the environment
– in 2002 he takes over from maestro Nello Milotti as director of the male and then mixed choir “Lino Mariani”, and works as a successful artistic director of KUD until 2007
– realizes three musicals, two of which in co-production with INK
– in 1992 and 2000 he participated in the program of the opening ceremony of the Film Festival
– hosts the television program of the author “Ma nema veze” broadcast live on TV Novi on Saturdays in the years 2000, 2001 and 2002
– prepares a performance of the song “Beautiful Land” performed by the boys of the Coro Zaro in the Arena with the famous Placido Domingo and the soprano Elisabeth Matos in July 2003
– participates in numerous humanitarian concerts, is present at all important events in the city and in the province
– with choirs that perform at the concerts of Oliver, Tony, Gibonni, Danijela, Graša, Severina … which were held at INK
– Visits abroad, which promote the rich musical and cultural climate of Istria
– in the absence of professional musical literature, willingly donates original musical works and materials to kindergarten educators and primary school teachers …