The choir began its activity in mid’ 1950. The initial conductor was Mrs. VOZNAIA, music teacher at the school in the neighboring village Sarateni. After two years, a conductor from the capital Chisinau was invited – Mr. Eugen Macaleţ, which significantly improved the interpretative level the choir.
From 1962 until 1992, the choir was conducted by Petru Stroiu – a Chisinau Conservatory graduate, who passed away in the same year. Over the years, the choir became one of the most appreciated choirs in Moldova, and his rich repertoire included universal choral music and folk, while the number of its singers reached 100.
After a 16-year break, in 2008, a desire appeared to restore at least a part of the former group, and so a new conductor was appointed – Mr. Alexander Zubac, a graduate from the Institute of Arts, specialized in folk orchestra conducting.
The choir started to perform simpler choral scores, while moving to more difficult one over the course of time. The choir is witnessing its rebirth largely thanks to local authorities and especially thanks to the Mayor Ion Ionascu, but also thanks to Vasile and Neofil Stirbu brothers, who are currently employees of the House of Culture.
None of our singers holds musical education –some embrace various professions, while others do not have a stable job. Still, the passion for music is what unites all of them.