The Choir of the Medical University was established in March 2005, from the very beginning the conductor is Prof. Anna Domańska. Choir members are students and former graduates of the Medical University – doctors, pharmacists and paramedics.
Repertoire is very differentiated. From classical music, through sacred, to – finally – pop music. Choir adds splendor to all university ceremonies and participate in the musical life of city and region; take part in competitions and festival in Poland and abroad.
The most important achievements are:
- Two Silver Medals at the III International Choir Festival “Mundus Cantat Sopot” in Poland, Sopot, 2007
- First Place at the X and XVI Lodz Choir Festival “Cantio Lodziensis” in Poland, Lodz, 2007,2013
- Participation in the I International Choral Review “West London Sangerstevne”, London, 2008
- Participation in the “FIMU” (International Festival of University Music) in France, Belfort, 2011
- Silver Diploma at the “Ohrid Choir Festival” in Macedonia, Ohrid, 2012
- Silver Band at the “XXII International Festival of Advent-Christmas music with Petr Eben prize” in Czech Republic, Prague, 2012.
- Second Place at the XV Lodz Choir Festival “Cantio Lodziensis” in Poland, Lodz, 2012
- Two Silver Diplomas at the VII International Choral Competition in Italy, Rimini, 2013
- First Place at the XX International Festival of Carols and Pastorals in Poland, Bedzin, 2014
- First Prize at the 4th International Choir Festival and Competition “Canco Mediterrania” in pop music category. Lloret de Mar, Spain 2014
- Second Prize at the 4th International Choir Festival and Competition “Canco Mediterrania” in folklore category. Lloret de mar, Spain 2014
- Golden and Silver Diplomas at the 50 International Choir Festival in Międzyzdroje, Poland 2015