The inspiration for the creation of the choir was the initiative of the Inowrocław Music Society Pro Arte to organize a concert on the occasion of the year of Bach. It took place in 2000. The ensemble created at that time performed selected chorales by Johann Sebastian Bach. The continuation of the activity was undertaken in November 2002. The management of the 12-person team was taken over by Anna Drogowska. In February 2015, Aleksandra Brejza took over the leadership of the ensemble, and since November of the same year, Monika Wilkiewicz and Grażyna Wolter-Kaźmierczak have been the conductors of the ensemble.
The members of the choir are music lovers, educators, graduates, and students of the Inowrocław music school. The choir’s repertoire includes the works of composers of various eras, with particular emphasis on the works of contemporary composers of the region: Aleksandra Brejza and Marcin Kopczyński. The band gives concerts both in the region, the country, and abroad. He regularly performs during the concert of contemporary composers Musica Varia Est, organized by the Inowrocław Music Society.
Awards received by the Pro Arte Chamber Choir:
– Gold diploma in the category of sacred music,
– Gold diploma in the category of pop music,
– Silver diploma in the category of folklore at the 9th Canco Mediterrania Barcelona-Lloret de Mar International Festival and Competition – 2019,
– Golden streak at the 10th Jubilee National Tournament Choirs for the Crystal Heart of Chełmno Autumn – Chełmno 2018,
– Bronze band in the category of adult mixed choirs in the 2nd International Voce Magna Choir Competition – Żilina 2018
– Participation in the 9th Toscania Music Festival – Italy, 2017