The Choral tradition of Dignano extends over time and the troubled history of these regions, an amalgam of different cultures and therefore richer than others.
The mixed choir of our CI operates even before the foundation of the Community itself, then the “Circolo Italiano di Cultura” founded on 4 July 1848: the choral ensemble, led by Maestro Giovanni Ferro on 18 April 1948, performs at the Arsia Miner Theater and in other 11 occasions, including the Review organized by the then UIIF. In 1948 the choir had about 50 members and was directed by various masters, including: Giuseppe Moscheni; Antonio Debelli and M.ro Hrelja
The choir collects its first successes already in the year of its establishment: at the Artistic Review of the choirs of the Dignano Union it ranks third.
After a long and heavy stagnation of choral activity, on February 4, 1966, the mixed choir of our CI stands out at the UIIF Artistic Review, winning the first prize.
Several masters have conducted the choir over the years: Edi Svich, Franca Moscarda and Orietta Šverko, who still leads it today.
Today the choir has about thirty members. It presents itself with songs performed a cappella and the repertoire ranges from classical pieces of opera music to modern compositions by Italian authors, from the Veneto, to popular and sacred music.
Over the course of its sixty years of activity, the choir has performed in concerts at local, regional, national and foreign level (Italy, Czech Republic …).