n 1992, a group of professional singers came together in a single group.
The peculiarity of the ensemble’s creative method is that each of the singers is a soloist, an ensemble player and a choirmaster. This combination of brilliant vocal data with high professionalism allows a small number of singers to sound the largest concert halls and create a diverse palette of programs – from solo concerts of individual singers to choral cantatas and masses accompanied by an orchestra.
The basis of the repertoire of the Ensemble of Soloists “Blagovest” is domestic and world spiritual music. Along with this, the ensemble has programs of Ukrainian folk songs, carols and Christmas carols, original works of contemporary Ukrainian and foreign composers. The ensemble took part in concert performances of operas “Alcid” by D. Bortnyansky, “Zaporozhets over the Danube” by S. Gulak-Artemovsky, “On the Mermaid’s Easter” by M. Leontovych, “Sister Angelica” by G. Puccini (for the first time in Ukraine). The ensemble “Blagovest” is almost the only group in Ukraine that constantly and persistently promotes (through music) high Ukrainian poetry, creating a cycle “Poetry in Music” from musical works to the words of great Ukrainian poets: T.G. Shevchenko (the record of the unique program is kept in the funds of the National Museum of Taras Shevchenko), L. Ukrainka, I. Franko, A. Malyshko, P. Tychyna, V. Saussure.
Numerous records of the ensemble are stored in the funds of the National Radio of Ukraine.
“The Miracle of Silver Polyphony”, “Little Pearl of Great Art”, “Music that flows from heart to heart” – press reviews of the Ensemble’s performances not only in Ukraine but also in the USA, Italy, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Holland, Poland , Germany, Belgium, Estonia, Denmark, Russia. Good taste, sophistication, intelligence – the hallmarks of the ensemble’s performance style.
Since 2003 the artists of the ensemble are members of the Ukrainian Academic Folklore and Ethnographic Ensemble “Kalyna” of the Department of Culture of the Kyiv City State Administration.
Significant events in the life of the ensemble “Blagovest”:
* participation in the celebration of the First Anniversary of Independence of Ukraine (USA, 1992)
* winner of the Grand Prix of the XI International Choral Competition (Sligo,
* Days of Kyiv in Krakow, Poland (1999)
* 1st International Peredzvin Festival (Ivano-Frankivsk, 2000)
* International Festival of Arts “Eastern European Union”
(Netherlands, 2000, 2003,2005,2007,2012)
* UE International Festival of Sacred Music “SREDO”
* Easter celebration at the Wegliner-Dom (Germany, 2003)
* staging of G. Puccini’s opera “Sister Angelica” (Kyiv, 2004)
* International Festival “Musical Premieres of the Season” (2005,2008,2009-2015)
* Choir Fest “Golden-Domed Kyiv” (2005,2006)
* Permanent participant of the project “Musical evenings in St. Andrew’s Church”
* Production of D. Bortnyansky’s opera “Alcid”, libretto by P. Metastasio (2006)
* Production of the opera “On the Mermaid’s Easter” by M. Leontovich, musical version by M. Skoryk (2008, 2020)
* International Festival “Kyiv-Music-Fest”, 1999, 2000, 2006-2015, 2019.
* International Easter Assembly, 2012-2017
* International Festival “Italy – Baroque Music” (Kyiv, Rome (Italy) 2014-2017, (Lyon, France) 2018, (Stockholm, Denmark) 2018, (Ravenna, Italy) 2018.
* International Festival “Maggie Barocche” (Sicily, Italy) 2015
* winner of the Grand Prix of the international online competitions “Stars of Europe” (December 2020), “Alley of Stars” (January 2021)
* First place in two nominations – academic vocals and jazz in the international online competition “The Song” Festalonia Milenio (UK, February 2021)
The repertoire of the Ensemble of Soloists “Blagovest” includes more than 30 programs of Ukrainian and world music, among which the most popular are:
– Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom (various authors)
– Christmas spiritual and folk songs (carols and Christmas carols)
– Singing of Lent
– Easter songs
– “Virgin Mary, Virgin Mary” (“Ave Maria”)
– Pearls of Ukrainian sacred music of the XVI – XX centuries.
– Ukrainian music of the Baroque era – M. Diletsky, D. Bortnyansky,
M. Berezovsky, A. Wedel
– Spiritual music of the XIX-XX centuries. – M. Leontovych, K. Stetsenko, P. Chesnokov, O. Arkhangelsky
– Spiritual music of composers of the twentieth century. and contemporary composers
– Ukrainian folk songs arranged by Ukrainian composers
– Works of Ukrainian composers on the poems of Ukrainian poets
(series of programs “Poetry in Music”)
– Pearls of world chamber music – O. Lasso, J. Palestrina,
W. Mozart, C. Monteverdi, G. Rossini
– Vocal and choral work of JS Bach
– Original works of today’s composers
– “Voices of the Ages” (together with the National Museum of Arts named after Bohdan and Varvara Khanenko)
– “Baroque in colors and sounds” (together with the National Reserve “Sophia of Kyiv”)
– Opera “Alcid” by D. Bortnyansky on the libretto Metastasio
– Opera “On the Mermaid’s Easter” (arranged by Myroslav Skoryk made to the voices of the singers of the Ensemble)
Accompanied by a chamber orchestra:
– Cantatas №4, №131 JS Bach
– Mass “Gloria” by A. Vivaldi
– Mass “Brevis” by S. Gounod
– Mass “Stabat Mater” Pergolesi
– Mass “Stabat Mater” by J. Abbos
Among the new directions of creativity of the Ensemble “Blagovest”:
– A series of programs of popular songs by Ukrainian and world composers
– “Music of cinema” (3 programs)
– Cycle “Evenings in jazz tones”:
– “Spring mood”
– “Winter holidays”
– “Flight of melodies”
– “Summer tones”
– “Colors of music”
– “Autumn evening in jazz tones”
Artistic director of the Ensemble – artist-vocalist (soloist) leading master of the stage, People’s Artist of Ukraine – Tetyana Kumanovska