The Polyphonic Cultural Association “La Perosiana” was established in 1971. It is the natural heir of the Association “Friends of Sacred Art” founded in 1938 by the will of a group of choral music lovers who in 1963 participated in the Guido D’Arezzo International Concert with flattering appreciation. Its first director was Maestro Alessandro Gasperini, an exquisite artist who for many decades has been organist of the Cathedral of Messina. The choir composed of about 40 elements with solo voices, cultivates an interest in choral, vocal and instrumental music, performing pieces of varied, ancient and modern classical music. He performs concerts and liturgical services in the Cathedral Basilica where he alternates or joins the Musical Chapel of S. Maria Assunta and the Diocesan Choir of S. Maria della Lettera. He collaborates with the Diocesan Review Harmonies of the Spirit in proposing to the civil and religious community cultural and musical initiatives, as well as reviews and gatherings of choirs.
President of the Association: M° don Giovanni Lombardo
Artistic Conductor: M° Giuseppe Romeo
Secretary: Caterina Oteri
Don Giovanni Lombardo obtained a diploma in Piano at the Conservatory “A. Corelli” of Messina, the Degree in Natural Sciences at the University of Messina, the Bachelor’s Degree in Sacred Theology at the Theological Institute of St. Thomas of Messina, the Licentiate in Pastoral Theology at the Pontifical Lateran University of Rome, the Magisterium in Organ at the Pontifical Institute of Sacred Music in Rome. He holds the position of organist and Maestro of chapel of the Cathedral Basilica of Messina. He directs the Diocesan School of Liturgical-Musical Formation, he is artistic director of the Diocesan Review of Culture, Art and Spirituality “Harmonies of the Spirit”. Since 2018 he has been parish priest of the parish of S. Maria Annunziata and S. Marina in Cumia, Messina.