The choir, counted as the longest-lived folk choir in Italy, was born in Orsogna in 1921 and is therefore preparing to celebrate the first 100 years of uninterrupted activity if not strictly in the war period. Since 1970 it has been directed by Mario Tenaglia, under whose guidance, the choir has achieved public and critical success in Italy and abroad. To remember the first prize of the national competition of Caltanissetta in 1977, the first prize at the Palio del folklore canoro Frisa in 2001, the participation in various television broadcasts and the numerous performances abroad including America, Argentina, Hungary, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Finland. On the occasion of the Jubilee of the Year 2000, the choir animated the Holy Mass presided over by John Paul II in St. Peter’s Square. In 2000 the choir coined a new way of proposing the music and words of Abruzzo songs, creating a happy union with a string orchestra.